Saturday, June 7, 2008

Paul Vinton, we miss you.






I met Paul (Vitty) Vinton about two years ago, through Paul (Wylee) when Wylee started performing with Lifted as a guest MC. The world lost Vitty last year, when he passed away abruptly. He was an absolutely wonderful stand up guy, an amazing musician (he played the guitar liked nobody's business), and an immense talent that the world never got to fully appreciate. Everyone who was close to him and loved him knows what they've lost, and the wounds still feel fresh. Today is his memorial out in PA, where his family lives, and I thought it would be a nice time to honor his memory a bit, in the way I can, by sharing with the world in the way I can, through my blog. I have the article that was written about him shortly after he passed away, So I'll post that as well.

Click here to read more about Vitty.

And here
and as he is one of the founding members of Lifted, check them out too, here is their official page as well: LIFTED



RIP Vitty, everyone misses you. Like Ben Geiss said, "I guess they like jazz in heaven"

No comments: